The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe might be the answer for people seeking a summer getaway featuring both great dining and the option to roll up their sleeves and participate in hands-on culinary experiences.
Throughout the summer, the North Lake Tahoe resort, located mid-mountain at Northstar California Resort will offer a new cooking class series, special Winemaker Dinner events and other culinary adventures.
In addition, The Ritz-Carlton has introduced new seasonal dishes to its summer menus and has enhanced its outdoor dining experience with the recent completion of a permanent trellis on the patio of its signature restaurant – Manzanita.
Featuring retractable sun shades, outdoor heaters, dimming lights and speakers, the Manzanita Trellis offers dining guests all of the comforts needed to enjoy a pleasant outdoor dining experience in the mountains well into the evening.
“The enhancements we’ve made to the Backyard experience, along with the new Manzanita Trellis offer guests even more opportunities to relax and enjoy the outdoors even as temperatures dip in the evenings,” said Joseph Mattioli, general manager of The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe. “The summer season is also the perfect time to offer interactive events at the resort, including the full schedule of culinary activities planned.”
Summer Winemaker Dinner Series
Those interested in experiencing an exquisite culinary and wine pairing adventure in the mountains this summer are invited to attend the resort’s Summer Winemaker Dinner Series offered select Thursday evenings at Manzanita.
Featuring Northern California wineries and fresh, local ingredients prepared by chef de cuisine Jeremy Grossman, these events include a five-course seasonal meal with wine pairings in the private dining room at 6:30 p.m. for $100 USD per person (plus tax and gratuity).
On July 24, the dinner pairing will feature wines from Antinori Family Estate themed around the “fascination with Cabernet.” Recently named “American Winery of the Year” by Wine Enthusiast, attendees will sample some of the fine wines offered by Rodney Strong Vineyard on July 31. Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars will round out the season on Aug. 28 as guests enjoy exceptional wines from one of California’s earliest wine estates.
New Themed Cooking Class Series
A new six-week, themed cooking class series hosted by The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe culinary team will be offered on Fridays this summer from 3:30-5 p.m., starting July 11 and concluding August 15, 2014. Participants will enjoy an interactive experience in the kitchens of The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe working alongside a Ritz-Carlton chef. Classes include:
• BBQ & Grilling (July 11) – Participants will learn the intricacies of barbecuing and grilling alongside chefs at The Backyard Bar & BBQ.
• Summer Entertaining (July 18) – Do you love to entertain throughout the summer? Wow your guests with seasonal appetizers and cocktails.
• Super Foods & Healthy Cooking (July 25) – Learn how to prepare and incorporate super foods into your diet – and make them taste good, too! Join this session in Café Blue.
• Date Night Cooking for Two (Aug. 1) – Want to prepare an exceptional meal for someone special? Learn how to impress your partner with culinary skills from former executive chef and current resort general manager, Joseph Mattioli.
• Sweets & Treats (Aug. 8) – Do you have a sweet tooth, or simply just love to bake? Join the resort’s pastry chefs in the pastry kitchen to learn how to make decadent Ritz-Carlton sweets and treats.
• Farm-to-Table Northern California Cuisine (Aug. 15) – Work alongside chefs in the open-air kitchen at Manzanita to prepare a farm-to-table dinner inspired by popular Northern California cuisine.
The cost to participate is $109 USD per class or $500 USD for the complete series. Advance reservations required.
For a complete list of events and activities scheduled at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe this summer, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/laketahoe.