Whether you’re celebrating Chinese New Year or looking to sweep your lover off their feet with an over-the-top surprise, you might want to consider an $888 escape to the posh Peninsula Beverly Hills. The hotel has created a salacious package in partnership with Van Cleef & Arpels filled with extravagant dashes that include a private appointment to view limited edition jewels and timepieces, a bottle of First or Féerie fragrances, and tickets to The Peninsula Beverly Hills Chinese New Year Celebration Party on February 3, 2014.
Here’s what $888 will get you and your sweetie:
- · One Van Cleef & Arpels exclusive coffee table book in Chinese (get a translator)
- · One bottle of the Van Cleef &Arpels First or Féerie fragrance (nice)
- · Private appointment to view the Van Cleef & Arpels limited edition jewelry and timepiece creations (heavy sales pitch)
- · One night in a Grand Deluxe room (accommodations are fabulous)
- · Complimentary transfer to the Van Cleef & Arpels Beverly Hills boutique (another sales pitch?)
- · Complimentary Chinese tea set up and welcome amenity upon arrival (enjoyable)
- · Daily Chinese breakfast or American breakfast for one person (be daring do the Chinese)
- · Two invitations to The Peninsula Beverly Hills Chinese New Year Celebration Party on February 3, 2014 (don’t miss it)
- · Pressing of one garment item one per stay plus shoe shine (pick the pressing)
- · Discounted Luxury Sedan transfer to or from LAX at $89 (good deal)
- · Complimentary early arrival and 4 p.m late check out (nice)
- · Complimentary high-speed wired and wireless internet access (always welcome)
- · Complimentary local calls (who needs this with cell phones, but nice anyway)
- · Choice of daily domestic, international or Chinese Newspaper and Chinese TV channel
The Chinese New Year package begins is available through February 28, 2014. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 800.462.7899 or visiting peninsula.com/beverlyhills_enticements.
You might actually want to spend more than one night so you can take advantage of the hotel’s top-notch spa, romantic rooftop sundeck and restaurant, dining option and location that makes it a snap to stroll along the gilded streets of one of the richest cities in the world. Whatever you do, have a drink in the bustling bar that plays host some of tinsel town’s finest tipplers. Drinks are pretty steep, but you only celebrate Chinese New Years or Valentine’s Day once a year.