It’s been a few years since Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World celebrated New Year’s Eve with Fireworks. But that’s not to say Downtown Disney (DTD) doesn’t provide fun ways in which to ring in 2014. The shopping and entertainment district is home to the DisneyQuest New Year’s Eve party, Cirque du Soleil’s holiday performances, and several dance parties as well as music and live entertainment.
Downtown Disney is open until 2 a.m. (1 a.m. for the Marketplace area) for New Year’s Eve 2013. For Disney guests relying on bus transportation, DTD Marketplace will operate from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. and the Pleasure Island bus stop will operate from 11 a.m. – 2 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2014.
Special Downtown Disney events for New Year’s Eve 2013
Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant features live music starting at 4 p.m. with The Farrell Brothers, The Raglan Rebels & The Roundstone Cowboys as well as their award-winning Raglan Road Irish Dancers. Two New Year’s countdowns take place, one at 7 p.m. and the other at midnight. Both offer complimentary champagne toasts. On New Year’s Day 2014, Raglan Road serve brunch & lunch menus between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
DisneyQuest holds its annual New Year's Eve Party from 8 p.m. – 1 a.m. This year’s hard-ticket event features “Wreck-It Ralph.” As in preview year’s the party offers access to five floors of DisneyQuest attractions and video games, Disney character appearances (Wreck-It Ralph, Chip ‘n Dale and Buzz Lighyear will be in attendance); a DJ dance party in the space usually used for Buzz Lighyear’s AstroBlaster; a New Year’s countdown; party favors and food vouchers (limited menu). Advance tickets are $55 and day-of tickets (if available) are $65. Purchase tickets at the DisneyQuest Box Office or call 407-WDISNEY.
Cirque du Soleil offers two performances of “La Nouba,” at 6:00 and 9:00 p.m. As in previous years, these performances include a special finale. The venue also features holiday décor and there are specialty drinks available for purchase. Guests who attended the New Year’s Eve performances receive a limited-edition Walt Disney World/Cirque trading pin. For pricing and last-minute tickets, if available, call 407-WDW-SEAT (407-939-328).
House of Blues offers an all-ages concert on New Year’s Eve 2013 that features Michael Ray with Jill’s Cashbox, Jeff Hurst and Johnny Buford. The artists take to the stage at 9:30 p.m. Tickets cost $20 (Advance) and $25 (Day-of). If available, advance tickets may be purchased through House of Blues site.
DTD New Year’s Eve 2013: Music and live entertainment
Downtown Disney will offer festive music and live entertainment, an atmosphere that encourages guests to stroll, sip and socialize.
- Cap’n Jack’s Margarita Bar has live music at 2:15, 3:15, 4:15, 5:15, and 6:15 p.m.
- A kids dance party, featuring DJ Tony Messina, takes place at Fountain Stage beween 6:30 p.m. –12:30 a.m.
- At the Waterside stage, Drey-C performs between 7:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
- At the Waterside Stage, DJ Lon Simmons hosts a dance party between 7 – 10:45 p.m
- The area in front of Fulton’s Crab House offers live music, with Nova Era performing from 12:30 – 5:30 p.m. and La Calle between 7:30 p.m. –12:30 a.m.
- The Raglan Road area features live music between 7:30 p.m. - 12:45 a.m.
- Paradiso 37 provides live music between 6:30 – 11 p.m.
- Living Statues by DisneyQuest perform between 6 – 10 p.m.
- The West End Party, featuring DJ Lon Simmons by Cirque du Soleil, runs between11 p.m. – 3 a.m.
- At Splitsville Luxury Lanes, live music is featured between 3 – 7 p.m. and 7:30 –11:30 p.m.
- At Park Stage, next to Bongos Cuban Café, live music takes place 6 -10 p.m.
As is keeping with DTD’s special events, New Year’s Eve features several dining opportunities, including the new-ish Disney Food Trucks and several stations that serve cocktails, beer and wine.
With the Walt Disney World theme parks expected to reach capacity for New Year’s Eve, Downtown Disney offers a festive alternative – albeit one that is also expected to be crowded. Disney guests may also with to see if any last-minute openings are available for the special New Year’s Eve dining options by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
For information on current and upcoming schedules at the theme parks and surrounding areas, visit Steve Soares’ Walt Disney World Live Entertainment.