Walt Disney World Resort gets ready to usher in 2014 with New Year’s Eve celebrations around the theme parks. Epcot celebrates the holiday with extended hours, special entertainment with DJ dance parties, and some festive touches.
Epcot’s full day of New Year’s Eve 2013 countdown starts early, with Future World open from 8 a.m. on Dec. 31 until 1 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2014. The World Showcase is open from 9:30 a.m. until 1 a.m.
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, Epcot’s nighttime spectacular, takes place twice on New Year’s Eve, at 6:30 p.m. and at 11:40 p.m. As is keeping with tradition, the holiday show features a salute to the New Year and a countdown for the later performance.
New Year’s Eve Entertainment features a number of DJs hosting dance parties.
- At the Fountain Stage in Future World, DJ Scooter will host a Top 40 dance party between 7 p.m. and 11:35 p.m., then again from 12:10 – 1 a.m.
- At the America Garden Theatre in World Showcase, DJ Steve Dunlap will take the afternoon shift from 2 – 6 p.m. DJ. Carlos Carrion will focus on LatinDance/Top 40 music at the following times: 7 - 7:20 p.m., 8 – 8:50 p.m., 9:30 –10:05 p.m., 10:45 – 11:35 p.m., and 12:40 – 1 a.m. Carrion's set alternate with Latin Wave, performing at these times: 7:20 – 8 pm., 8:50 – 9:30 p.m., 10:05 – 10:45 p.m., and 12:05 –12:40 a.m.
- China will hold a world beat dance party, with pyrotechnic effects and DJ Dominick Morrison between 7 – 11:35 p.m. and again at 12:10 – 1 a.m.
- At Italy, a European Techno/Pop dance party with DJ Mark Sanchez will take place between 7 – 11:35 p.m. and again at 12:10 – 1 a.m.
- At the United Kingdom pavilion, DJ David Griffiths offers British Revolution Style sets between 7:30 – 8 p.m., 8:30 – 9:30 p.m., 10 – 10:30 p.m., 11 – 11:35 p.m., and 12:05 – 2:15 a.m.
As part of the New Year’s Eve 2013 festivities, Epcot also offers Disney guests party hats and horns. They distributed on a first-come, first serve basis while supplies last. Hat & horn distribution begins at 6 p.m. at Future World West, Future World East and The American Adventure Pavilion.
As in keeping with the theme park’s reputation as a place to imbibe tasty adult beverages, Epcot will also offer temporary bars around the World Showcase Lagoon at the following locations (clockwise from the main entrance): Mexico, China, Italy, Germany, American Adventure, Japan, Morocco, France and Canada.
All the Walt Disney World theme parks will be busy for New Year’s Eve 2013, especially as day turns to night. Disney guests who wish to celebrate in one of the theme parks should make plans to arrive early. Park hopping on New Year’s Eve is not recommended.
Walt Disney World also offers special New Year’s Eve dining options. Advanced Dining Reservations are highly recommended, and guests without current ADRs should contact 407-WDW-DINE to see if any last-minute seatings are available.
For information on current and upcoming schedules, visit Steve Soares’ Walt Disney World Live Entertainment.