Rihanna caused tongues to wag as she walked the red carpet in a sheer dress. The Barbados born beauty donned a custom Adam Selman dress covered in 216,000 Swarovski crystals. Riri tried to hide the sheerness with a fur stole that covered some of her body. Rihanna received the Fashion Icon Award that was presented to her by Anna Wintour.
- Here is a recap of the winners and our Best Dressed List:
- Solange made a stunning appearance in Calvin Klein.
- Blake Lively in Michael Kors.
- Olivia Wilde in a vintage Mollie Parnis. The recycled dress was once worn by Angelika Houston to Cannes.
- Lupita Nyong'o got mixed reviews for her Suno pants outfit. The Oscar winner was just cast in the Star Wars sequel.
- Jennifer Hudson in a KAUFMANFRANCO dress.
- Heidi Klum in Donna Karan.
- Emmy Rossum in J. Mendel
- Marion Cotillard in Dior.
- Jamie King in Calvin Klein.
- Chrissy Teigen in Rachel Roy.
- Joan Smalls in Prabal Gurung.
- Dree Hemingway in DVF.
- Liya Kebede in Wes Gordon.
- Zooey Deutch in Rebecca Minkoff
- Sophia Bush in Marchesa.
- Alessandra Ambrosio in Noono.
- Beth Behrs in Alice + Olivia.
Joseph Altuzarra of Altuzarra was crowned this year’s Womenswear Designer of the Year. Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne for Public School took home the Menswear Designer of the Year trophy, while the Accessories Designer of the Year award went to Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen for The Row
The Swarovski award, honoring emerging talent, went to Creatures of the Wind’s Shane Gabier and Christopher Peters in women’s wear; Tim Coppens in men’s wear, and Irene Neuwirth in accessory design.
Rihanna received the Fashion Icon Award, while Tom Ford was honored with the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award. The International Award went to Raf Simons for Dior. Paul Cavaco took home the Media Award in Honor of Eugenia Sheppard, while the Founders Award in Honor of Eleanor Lambert was given to Bethann Hardison. Ruth Finley of Fashion Calendar received the 2014 Board of Director’s Tribute. (WWD)