Earlier this week, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team Ricky Benton Racing announced that veteran driver Scott Riggs would drive the No. 92 truck in the first five races of the upcoming season, beginning with the Feb. 22 season opener at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway.
"These guys have some great equipment," Riggs said. "We are going to see exactly where we are over the first five races and evaluate the program."
RBR hasn't yet committed to competing in the series for the entire 22-race 2013 season, but according to a press release from the organization, there is an interest in running the full schedule if adequate sponsorship is acquired.
"With the trucks they have, we can quickly ramp up to running the full schedule if we can get some good runs early and bring some more sponsorship on board," Riggs said.
Riggs drove the No. 92 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway in 2012, finishing fifth. That was the best finish for the No. 92 last year. David Reutimann and Chad McCumbee also each spent time behind the wheel of the truck in competition in 2012.
"Scott is an amazing talent, and we couldn't be happier to have him back in the truck this year," team owner Ricky Benton said.
"His run at Martinsville really energized the team."
Mike Hester, who was crew chief for the team in 2010 and 2011, will return the team in the same position this season.
"It's great to have Mike back with the team," Benton said.
To be notified when new articles are posted, follow me on Twitter @NASCARexaminer or like NASCAR Examiner on Facebook.