The new Ridgeland Common Dog Park in Oak Park opened it's gates with a ceremonial ribbon cutting on Saturday April 5, 2014. This permit only off leash park is located off of Scoville Ave. south of Lake St. with the tracks lining the south perimeter.
Ridgeland Common Dog Park features a fully fenced in facility with a crushed granite surface and provides several dog park amenities. Multiple sets of park benches line one side of the park providing dog owners a place to sit out of the way and still monitor their dog's interactions. Additionally, there are multiple garbage cans located within the park, multiple dog waste bag dispensers (that have blue scented bags) and there is also a water pump, drinking fountain, and dog drinking fountain located near the entrance on the west side.
The hours are sunrise to 10:00pm seven days a week and entry is gained through an electronic gate with a permit key card system. Permits are available to Oak Park residents only, and may be purchased at the Administrative Center at 218 Madison St.
Requirements for purchasing a dog park pass in Oak Park:
- Oak Park resident
- Limit of three dogs per applicable household
- Each dog must be registered with the village and have a valid village dog license tag
- You must be able to provide proof of current vaccinations for rabies, distemper, kennel cough/bordetella, para-influenza and parvovirus.
- Proof must be provided of a fecal test for intestinal parasites within the last year at the time of registration.
- Yearly fee for park usage plus refundable $10 deposit for gate access card