Austin is not only famous for its city slogan of "Keep Austin Weird", but also its tried and true environmentally conscious mentality. From the ultra chic to the South Austin Bubba, the complete community of state capital is constantly striving to maintain Austin's beauty through the conservation of its dwindling natural resources from the flowing green of Town Lake to the seemingly endless blue skies above. Now, in another creative effort to combine the passion for "weird" with conservation, as part of Commute Solutions Month, Austin Green Art brings you the Weirdest Commute Contest - a fun take on the important idea of alternative commuting.
Have you ever dreamed of a unique and traffic-stopping alternative method to your usual Mopac or I-35 commute? A flying lawn chair? A bicycle in the shape of a duck? If you've spent any time in Austin, you've probably already witnessed odder. Austin Green Art invites you to share your weirdness and ingenuity for a chance to win sweet prizes like, a pair of 3-Day ACL passes, an electric scooter and a PlayStation 3.
Here's how it works:
• Build a moving vehicle that could transport you to work, the weirder the better
• Bring it to the Idea City parking lot at W. 6th and Wood St. on 9/18
• Sign up between 10 and 10:30am, event goes from 11:00-1:00
• Complete one lap around the parking lot to be eligible to win
• Display your invention as Austin VIPs select the weirdest
Contact Randy@austingreenart.org for more information.