This weekend, Rick Steves' Europe free travel classes feature a trio of women's seminars. All three Saturday classes on March 2 will be held at The Edmonds Theater. For the rest of the March schedule, the Saturday morning classes are held at The Edmonds Theater, while the Saturday noon and Thursday evening classes are at the worldwide headquarters of Rick Steves' Europe Through the Backdoor in downtown Edmonds. Although the classes are free, registration is required by booking online.
Saturday, March 2, 10 AM | Women's Seminar: Traveling Solo with Lisa Friend | No matter the destination, solo travel can be the most rewarding adventure of your life. Learn insider tips from a seasoned pro. You'll discover how to save money in today's travel environment; helpful safety tips; how to overcome language barriers; how to have a journey alone without being lonely, and much more.
Saturday March 2, 11:30 AM | Women's Seminar: Packing Light & Right with Ann Neel | The first step to a great trip is packing light! You can travel for months with one carry-on bag and still have everything you need for a great trip. Ann will distribute packing lists, show off the latest in lightweight luggage, and demonstrate a professionally packed bag.
Saturday, March 2, 1 PM | Women's Seminar: European Rail Skills with Laura Terrenzio | Can't make heads or tails of railpass options and train schedules? Our expert from our rail department will teach all you need to know about European trains. We'll help you figure out which railpass is best for you, and cover sleeping on night trains, reading timetables, reserving seats, paying for supplements, and more.
Other free travel classes during the month of March:
- Saturday, March 9 | Portugal | 10 AM
- Saturday, March 9 | Europe Sleeps: Beyond Hotels and B&B's | 12 Noon
- Thursday, March 14 | Romania | 6 PM
- Saturday, March 16 | Turkey | 10 AM
- Saturday, March 16 | Beginning Turkish for Travelers | 12 Noon
- Thursday, March 21 | My Way Tours | 6 PM
- Saturday, March 23 | Eastern Europe | 10 AM
- Thursday, March 28 | Italy Q&A | 6 PM
- Saturday, March 30 | Germany, Austria, Switzerland | 10 AM
- Saturday, March 30 | Beginning German for Travelers | 12 Noon