Former Miami Dolphins lineman, Richie Incognito, has been relatively silent since being released by the team last year, after text messages between him and fellow lineman, Jonathan Martin, were released to various news outlets. Tweets, which Martin claimed, along with harassment by fellow teammates, led to him leaving the franchise before the start of the 2013 season.
But that has all changed today, Wednesday, Feb. 12; as Incognito has released a series of tweets blaming Jonathan Martin and the media for throwing him under the bus.
One of the biggest bombshells released in a hour-long rant by Incognito, was that Martin considered taking his own life after he was disappointed in his performance on the field:
"FACT: Jonathan Martin told me he thought about taking his own life in MAY 2013 b/c he wasn't playing well. Told me he felt worthless," Incognito tweeted.
Incognito also stated that he considered Martin and himself as "best friends", and felt betrayed when Martin used a voicemail that Incognito claimed they used to laugh about against Incognito:
"Jon Martin---you started all of this when Kenny Zuckerman released the VM to ESPN. The same VM we joked about with (Dolphins wide receiver) @brianhartline."
In between the messages aimed at Martin, Incognito also took the opportunity to apologize to women for the texts and voicemails that were released, claiming he believed them to be private.
Incognito finally tweeted that he was done speaking on the subject, and hopes his side of the story helps put the situation to rest, but it seems more likely that he may have just re-stoked a fire.
What's your take on the situation? Do you believe Incognito? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.