Pumpkin fits into almost every fall recipe, entree or dessert. These luscious pumpkin cream cheese bars are no exception. They are a real treat for a snack or after dinner dessert. Solid-packed pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling, is the key ingredient.
Rich and Creamy Pumpkin Bars
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in oats and pecans. Set aside 1 cup of mixture for topping.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom of greased 13 x 9 baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, cinnamon, allspice, cardamon and remaining sugar until smooth.
- Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Add eggs. Beat on low setting until just blended.
- Pour over warm crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Serve or refrigerate within 2 hours of baking.
Makes about 24 bars.