Salute to Heroes Night will feature special events and activities at the match against D.C. United to honor the region’s first responders, military heroes, veterans and their families.
Through a partnership with the U.S.O., the New England Revolution Charitable Foundation invites members of the Armed Services – including active duty members, reservists and family members from all five branches of the military – as well as police, fire and medical personnel, from all over New England to attend the game.
Salute to Heroes Night activities
- U.S. Army vehicles will be on display in NRG Plaza and the parking lots
- The Army will set up pull-up bars for fan competitions and have a dog-tag-making machine to make custom tags for fans
- Cell Phones for Soldiers will collect gently used cell phones to distribute to soldiers overseas
- The night’s Honor Guard will feature members of the Worcester County Sheriff’s Department
- The U.S.O.’s Liberty Belles will perform the National Anthem
- The U.S. Army will perform enlistment ceremonies on the Gillette Stadium field pre-game
- A raffle featuring Revolution memorabilia will be held, with the proceeds benefiting the U.S.O.
- In conjunction with the Revolution, the Worcester County Sheriff’s Department will collect new or gently-used coats to distribute to community centers throughout the area.
Tickets to the match are available by calling the Revolution ticket office at 1-877-GET-REVS, or at Ticketmaster. For more information about complimentary tickets for military members and first responders, please click here.
The New England Revolution will host the ultimate College Night at Gillette Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 28, which includes a special pregame, college-themed tailgate party and a Cornhole tournament before the Revs host the Houston Dynamo at 7:30 p.m.
As part of the student-friendly $15 ticket, local college students can socialize at the pregame tailgate party, which begins at 5 p.m., and play party games, enter contests, and enjoy complimentary food and beverages. At 7:30, the party will move into the stadium as the Revs kickoff against the Dynamo.
Complimentary buses will leave from two locations in Boston – Cityside (Brighton) and Stadium Sports Bar (Faneuil Hall) – and spots are available for the first 100 students to sign up online.
Students are encouraged to wear school gear, as the Rev Girls will select a few representatives from each college to take part in halftime activities on the field.
College Night Activities
- Cornhole tournament (Students participating should arrive early for sign-ups at 4:30 p.m.)
- XBOX console, featuring the newly-released FIFA 14
- Life is good’s giant Jenga set
- Soccer speed kick inflatable
- Comcast SportsNet’s instant photo printer
- Complimentary hamburgers and hotdogs
- A DJ from WBRU (Brown University student radio)
Tickets for College Night can only be purchased in advance with a valid college ID and are available here.