The "Revenge" season 3 premiere is still a few weeks away, but on Friday, Sept. 6, ABC made "Fear" available to press, and we have to say that what occurs is promising for the rest of the season. If the show does follow through, it could recover from some of the missteps of last year.
After "Revenge" season 2 had its ups and downs and maybe too many huh? moments, we were pleased with what we saw in the first episode of season 3. That's not to say that all of our issues with the series are suddenly gone, but we are more excited to see what comes next after watching "Fear"—especially if the show lives up to something mentioned early on in the episode. While we can't reveal much about what happens and these seven teasers aren't exactly going to be chock-full of spoilers, we are going to warn that there may be spoilers ahead:
- The flash-forward is Emily (Emily VanCamp) getting shot and falling into the water. We're going to have to wait for more details about that just like we've had to with the flash-forwards the previous two seasons.
- Emily owed Nolan (Gabriel Mann) something. She doesn't after the premiere. Speaking of Emily and Nolan, their relationship continues to be as good as it has been the past two seasons. Yes, some things have changed, but fortunately, that hasn't—and it shouldn’t.
- Charlotte's (Christa B. Allen) changed in the time that has passed, and that's a very good thing.
- Nolan does have a new outlook, but he's still delivering some classic Nolanisms.
- "Arctic pools! Arctic pools!" This doesn't even need any context.
- How Emily describes what she does for a living? Is perfect.
- Oh, the Grayson family drama.
"Revenge" season 3 premieres Sept. 29 at 9 p.m. on ABC. Don't forget to check out the premiere photos that have been released here. What are you hoping to see this season in the Hamptons?