The Houston job market is competitive and therefore your resume must be a powerful document to attract the eye of the employer. If you have been using the same resume and getting the same results with no job offers, it is probably time to look at your resume and conduct a self test.
1. The resume must have some key words, branding statement or an objective at the beginning of the resume. This will provide the reader with your expertise.
2. Have you listed a powerful profile which provides the reader with a synopsis of your background. (usually about 4 sentences).
3. Did you list your core strengths to support your goals. This area focuses on your skill sets.
4. Have you listed your accomplishments for each position?
5. Is your work history listed with the dates of employment and titles?
6. Make sure you have your education and any relevant training to support your career goals.
7. You may put in certifications and associations that relate to your profession.
8. Do you think the resume sells and promotes your qualifications; take a good look at the resume.
I would recommend to have your resume reviewed by a colleague or a resume service. If you have further questions you may contact resumesthatsellyou.com.