On Jan 31st, the SXSW Film Conference announced that a restored print of the 1997 original 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' will be playing at the 2014 SXSW film festival in Austin TX.
This year's film festival marks a bevy of several horror film titles (expect more announcements in the coming weeks.)
Other horror movies and television shows that will be showcased include;
- 'Doc Of The Dead': A documentary exploring the origins and lasting impact of zombie films.
- 'Buzzard': A tale of paranoia about a scam artist in severe isolation.
- 'Creep': A tale of an answered Craigslist ad gone wrong.
- 'Housebound': A New Zealand film about home detention meets haunted house.
- 'Deadbeat': a new HULU show about a psychic ridding NYC of one ghost at a time.
- Premieres of upcoming TV horror series 'From Dusk Til Dawn' and 'Penny Dreadful.'
Other movies of note include the Argentina apocalypse zombie film 'The Desert', the vampiric tale 'Only Lovers Left Alive' and a screening of the original 1954 'Godzilla.'
There will be several Q&A's featuring cast and crew of films mentioned; most interesting will be Gareth Edwards, the director of the 2014 'Godzilla' remake who will shed light on the impact of the original film upon his own work.
Click here for more detailed info on these films, and be sure to check out official SXSW Film Festival page for further announcements and schedule updates. The film festival runs from March 7th-15th. You can get badges by clicking here.