If you are one of the many people who don't like to cook turkey or who forgot to buy one or thaw one out you might need to know what stores and restaurants are open in Denver and throughout Colorado on Thanksgiving Day.You are in luck either way.
If you forgot to thaw it or your bird is still frozen, you can still possibly get a late Thanksgiving Day dinner on the table by using the cold water soaking method and approximate times per pound here.
If you would rather go out to eat, there are actually several restaurants throughout the Denver metro area and across the state that are open and serving Thanksgiving Dinner.
- 1515 Restaurant is open Thursday, November 28th for an outstanding "almost" traditional dinner or order a-la-carte off of specially prepared menu. You can peak at menu here.
- Maggianos - All locations will be serving a family style Thanksgiving dinner.
- Chophouse Brewery in Boulder is open for Thanksgiving Dinner. The Washington DC location is closed and the Denver location didn't say on their website. You can take a look at the Boulder dinner menu here.
- Brick House in Parker Colorado is open and we recommend their chicken and their drunken pork chops served over mashed potatoes.
- Altitude Restaurant is offering a Thanksgiving buffet for dinner with prime rib and turkey carving stations.
- Cool River Cafe offers a Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- The Corner Office has a non traditional holiday four-course meal and is also open for breakfast and lunch with normal business hours
- Table Mountain Grill and Cantina has a Thanksgiving Day Buffet for $31.95 for adults $24.99 for seniors and $12.99 for kids ages 6-12. Children 5 and under are free
- The Fort a Denver Bucket List restaurant is open for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner served in a replica of historic Bent's Fort from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Appaloosa Grill is open 5 p.m. - 2 a.m.
- The Broker Restaurant a classic Denver steak house will be open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. serving dinner from the regular dinner menu with a three-course turkey dinner that includes soup or salad, entrée, and dessert for $29 per person.
- The Brown Palace has several options on Thanksgiving day.
- The Inverness Hotel Garden Terrace is famous for their holiday buffet which includes non-traditional items like oysters, crab legs and sushi. $52.95 for adults and $25.95 for kids 6-10.
- The Keg Steakhouse & Bar has a three-course turkey dinner for $25 for adults and $10 for children. They will also have some selections from their regular menu. Open noon - 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving
- Rialto Cafe on the 16th Street Mall offers a Thanksgiving Day brunch
- EDGE Restaurant at Denver's Four Seasons oin EDGE on Thursday, November 28, 2013 for a three-course menu served all day from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm. The menu includes appetizer choice of sweet potato bisque, endive and caramelized pear salad, or duck confit and caramelized salsify tart. The main course options include choice of butter and herb basted tom turkey, lightly smoked pecan roasted beef tenderloin, or crispy skinned alamosa striped bass, each with accompanying side dishes. Dessert includes choice of pumpkin chocolate mousse bar or salted caramel molten cake. The menu is offered for $60.00 per adult (13+) and $25.00 for children 12 and younger.
- Thanksgivukkah - This year, for the first time since November 29, 1888, Thanksgiving Day overlaps with Hanukkah. EDGE is celebrating “Thanksgivukkah” deliciously, while featuring the special fried pumpkin CroDough dessert delicacy in addition to the Thanksgiving menu. The CroDough, a flaky, croissant-donut served with a caramel glaze, is available for USD 10.00.
- Whole Foods is open in most locations so you could save the day by stopping there for some traditional side dishes at their deli. They also will cater your entire Thanksgiving Day meal.
- Elway's Downtown is open noon-8 p.m.
- Opus Restaurant
- Prima Ristorante
- Rodizio Grill - Spend Thanksgiving at this authentic Brazilian steak house. In addition to Rodizio’s regular menu they will be offering a selection of traditional Thanksgiving favorites.
- Second Home Kitchen + Bar - This year Second Home Kitchen + Bar wants to be just that to you and your family – your second home. Make this a new Thanksgiving tradition with select menu items, such as Jumbo Lump Crab Cake and White Chocolate Pecan Pie. Full menu is available upon request. The meal, available only on Thanksgiving Day, is $39 per person, and will be available from 11am-7pm.
For the more budget minded meals on Thanksgiving Day try these locations.
- Boston Market is open and will cater your Turkey Day meal
- Golden Corral
- Taco Bell
- Pizza Hut
- Some Ruby Tuesday's will be open, please call before going.
- Steak and Shake
- Waffle House
- How to Thaw, Cook and Brine a Turkey
- Black Friday and Thanksgiving Day Sale Store Hours
- Target REDcard, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Cyber Week deals announced
- Stores that are open Thanksgiving Day for Early Bird Shoppers
- Pre Black Friday event at Walmart on iPads, iPods, electronics, Xbox and toys
- Top Black Friday Deals for Holiday Shoppers
- Black Friday - Cyber Monday ski and snowboard lift ticket deals
- Black Friday freebies 2013 - Free Coffee from Seattle's Best and Folgers
- Michaels' Black Friday Deals
- Hobby Lobby Black Friday Week Deals
- Download Target's Cartwheel App for holiday savings
- Top 10 Thanksgiving Wine Pairings
Subscribe to the Chrissy's Deals - Sales and Deals Examiner above to receive Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Christmas sales into your inbox.