By: Charles Benninghoff
Rep. Trey Gowdy’s (R-SC) ENFORCE Act of 2014, HR 4138, passed through the House of Representatives in less than a week. It was introduced on March 4, 2014 and passed through the House March 12, 2014.
Now, this historical bill has to pass through the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, and then voted on by the full Senate, to be sent to Obama for his signature and only three more committee votes are needed. Read more about the ENFORCE Act of 2014 here.
This act, HR 4138, will allow Members of Congress to sue Obama in court and bring his far-left agenda for America crashing to a halt, if Obama continues refusing to enforce the laws passed by Congress.
Obama is seriously worried about the ENFORCE Act and he has good reason to be concerned. The list of laws that Obama has refused to enforce is growing virtually every day. Find out how you can help force Obama to follow the Constitution by urging the Senate Judiciary Committee to pass HR 4138 here.
Obama is required under Article II, Section 3, Clause 5 of the Constitution of the United States to "faithfully execute" the laws that are passed by Congress.
Here is just a partial list of the laws that Obama refuses to faithfully execute:
- Immigration Laws: Obama refuses to deport the children of illegal aliens. He deports red light-runners and illegal aliens that commit minor offenses, while allowing drug cartel members and dangerous criminal illegal aliens to walk free on our streets.
- Marriage Laws: Obama refused to defend the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) in federal court challenges, even though his administration was required to do so by law.
- Welfare Laws: Bill Clinton signed a law requiring welfare recipients to work (in some states that require this as a condition for receiving welfare). Obama has waived that law for states that would rather give totally free handouts to illegal aliens.
- The Fourth Amendment: You have a right to protection against unlawful searches of your person or papers -- which logically includes your telephone calls and your emails. Obama has destroyed this right by using the NSA to spy on every email and phone call of every single American -- including Members of Congress!
- Obamacare: Obama does not even "faithfully execute" his own health care takeover! He keeps single-handedly granting waivers and extensions to Obamacare, so the voters will not feel the pain from it until after the 2014 elections.
The ENFORCE Act of 2014 will remain stalled in the Senate Judiciary Committee unless Americans work together to pass it. Remember: Democrats and Republicans alike supported this bill in the House.
No one, especially Obama, is allowed to pick and choose which laws to follow and which ones to ignore.
The America we know and love will become nothing more than a dictatorship if Obama continues to flaunt the law like this.
Just three more votes are needed. Americans are that close to passing the ENFORCE Act of 2014.
NOTE: If the ENFORCE Act passes in both the House and Senate, and then Obama vetoes it, he will be stating that the Constitution does not apply to him. This will leave impeachment as the FINAL recourse for Congress to rein in the most lawless administration in American history.
If you believe that no one, not even the President of the United States, is exempt from the law, you can help by convincing the Senate Judiciary Committee to pass the ENFORCE Act here. Please also share this link with everyone you know so that as many Americans as possible can help get HR 4138 passed to make Obama follow Constitutional laws.