Resolve to try buying and selling on consignment in 2014. It you’ve never done it before, it’s a wonderful way to save on the newest trends in fashion and also a means to earn a little extra money. Tough economic times have made many of us trim out budgets and tighten our belts. But, whether your taste is cutting-edge, sophisticated or simple, consignment shops help you stretch your dollars and make high-quality name brand clothing very affordable.
At consignment shops, you will usually find a large selection of gently used (and sometimes brand new) clothing in juniors, misses, and plus sizes. To complete your outfit, they also carry a nice assortment of handbags, shoes, jewelry and accessories.
Most consignment shops carry excellent brand names, such as Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Pendleton, Donna Karan, and L.L. Bean. There are racks and racks of dresses, slacks, skirts, blouses, and much, much more to choose from. Their clothing selections are always current, seasonal and comprehensive. All of these items can be purchased at a fraction of their original retail price, making it possible for even the most budget-conscious to buy them. The black satin evening purse and onyx drop earrings pictured are among my favorite consignment shop finds.
Another advantage to shopping at consignment shops is that you can take in your own gently used clothing, and other items in excellent condition, and receive a percentage of the resale value. Ladies, please don’t pass up this tremendous opportunity to find the smartest fashions and chic classic looks at penny-pincher prices. And, don’t forget to accessorize with items that can be used over and over again to complete several different outfits.
Resolve to try consignment for the New Year. You only need to visit a consignment shop once to see the amazing savings. You’ll be glad you did!
Watch the video for some tips on finding deals at consignment shops.
Check out these consignment shops in greater Columbia:
- Curious Closet has a marvelous array of clothing and vintage “gently used” clothing. It is located at 6169 Saint Andrews Road in Columbia.
- Daff-A-Deals specializes in fine children’s apparel, maternity fashions and new handmade children’s clothing and accessories. It is located at 10171 Two Notch Road in Columbia.
- Fashions II has a nice selection of men’s fashions and vintage clothing. It is located at 201 Columbia Mall Boulevard in Columbia.
- Gentlemen’s Closet specializes in high quality clothing for men. It is located at 717 Saluda Avenue in Columbia.
- Kendall’s Kloset has a huge selection of new and “like new” clothing and apparel for children and babies. It is located at 208 Main Street in Blythewood.
- Mommy's Place is located at 1055 Sunset Blvd. (Hwy 378), in West Columbia and specializes in maternity wear and gifts for newborns.
- Plato's Closet is located at 1156 Bower Parkway and specializes in trendy fashions and accessories for teens and juniors.
- Revente specializes in high-end designer women’s wear, designer labels, new accessories and jewelry. It is located at 737 Saluda Avenue in Columbia.
- Roundabouts Consignments, Inc. specialized in moderately priced brand name apparel, fine and fashion jewelry, and accessories. It is located at 70 Polo Road in Columbia.
- Sid and Nancy, specializing in a buying and selling a huge selection of clothing and was voted Columbia's Best Alternative Clothing Store by readers of the Free Times. It is located at 743 Saluda Avenue in Columbia.
- Treasures Unlimited has a wonderful selection of designer clothing and fine jewelry. It is located at 1215 Augusta Road in West Columbia.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending~