Floral frogs were originally designed to be used in vases to make arranging flowers easier and to enhance the bouquet.
Ideas range from the truly functional use as a pen and pencil holder, to displaying vintage finds, to serving as place card holders for a festive dinner party. If you have always wanted to use place cards for a gathering you are hosting, but didn't want to make the investment in time or money, steal Whisper Wood Cottage's idea and use the back of old business cards or check out free place card templates online. Click on the slide show below to see the floral frogs in use.
Floral frogs are abundant at estate and garage sales, Goodwill, thrift stores and your local floral shops and discount stores.
If you liked this article you will love the following articles...
- Affordable watercolor art and frames
- Classic black and white purses
- 10 Chalkboard paint ideas
- Five Free Cell Phone Features
- Organizing with jars - Part I
- Organizing with jars - Part II
- Dishes add color and whimsy to the garden
- Wallpaper Art
- Repurposing flashcards
- Top 10 ideas for recycling greeting cards
- Hoops and fabric equal art
- Decorating with drop cloth curtains
- 10 uses for orphan sheets
- Organizing with Gladware
- Round robin clothing exchange and more
To receive Thrifty Shopping articles via email click on the 'Subscribe to Email' button above, or sign up for an RSS feed which can be found above under the title of the article.
Send your thrifty shopping and decorating tips to email@example.com. If you live in Minnesota, let me know if your neighborhood is having a garage sale or your favorite local store is having a special event or sale.