Dear Readers, today my guest columnist is none other than my sister, Debbie Ihburg Smith, who has been doing some research regarding seeing repeating colors in dreams...
Have you ever wondered why you keep seeing the same color in your dreams? It may be that your Higher Self is attempting to alert you to an individual chakra that needs to be balanced or there may be a message for you in the basic interpretation of an individual color. For today’s column, we’re going to look at the basic meanings of colors that frequently turn up in our dreams, but please keep in mind that there is more to dream interpretation than repeating colors: In addition to repeating colors, also look at the other aspects of your dream as you being to put together the puzzle and divine the correct interpretation. In researching repeated colors, I came upon the following list of meanings from ColourLovers.com:
- Red can symbolize passion, courage, or your emotional relationships... but it can also be the color of danger. You will need to think about what your personal associations are with red and look at the context of the rest of your dream to find out if you're seeing love or danger. Often they go hand in hand.
- Orange symbolizes sociability and friendliness. This color could be showing you new interests or things that are warm and friendly towards you... or maybe your thoughtfulness towards a particular interest.
- Yellow, like most colors, has both positive and negative connotations. It can be symbolic of intellect, energy, happiness, and wisdom... or if the dream is an unpleasant one, the color could represent cowardice and sickness.
- Green symbolizes positive change, growth, healing and peace. It can symbolize your efforts to gain recognition or establish your independence. The other side of green often represents greed and jealousy.
- Blue symbolizes truth, wisdom, and openness. This could represent your optimism for the future or your trust in a particular thing. Blue may also be a metaphor of "feeling blue" or sad depending on your dream.
- Violet, in darker shades, may denote a person who feels misunderstood or has obstacles to overcome. It too is a spiritual color, and brighter shades help inspire and stimulate, especially in relation to dream activity.
- Black is often regarded as the color of death, its appearance in our dreams may represent the death of old ideas or change. Another possible explanation is that it represents a hidden or rejected aspect of the dreamer. It is the color of mystery, the unconscious, and sometimes even protection.
- Gray can indicate fear, depression, ill health, or confusion. It may represent being emotionally distant or detached from something.
- White is often regarded as the color of purity and truth. Seeing this in your dreams may be a message from your subconscious telling you to regard the truth of a certain situation. It is also the color of completeness and innocence.
If you are seeing the same color repeatedly in your dreams, here is a list of colors and associated chakras, followed by a meditation from Sherri, that you can use to balance the chakra associated with the color you’re dreaming about:
- 1st Chakra (Root Chakra at Perineum) = Red & Black
- 2nd Chakra (Sacrum Chakra at abdomen) = Orange
- 3rd Chakra (Solar Plexus Chakra at solar plexus) = Yellow
- 4th Chakra (Heart Chakra in center of chest ) = Green & Pink
- 5th Chakra (Throat Chakra in center of throat) = Blue
- 6th Chakra (Third Eye Chakra in between eyebrows on forehead) = Indigo or Purple
- 7th Chakra (Crown Chakra at top of head) = Clear of Violet
Thank you, Debbie! Debbie will be doing additional research for us regarding dream interpretation, and sharing it in future columns. Meanwhile, here's a quick and easy chakra balancing meditation we can do anyplace we happen to be:
Choose a stone the color of the chakra you wish to balance, and/or visualize a bright wheel of color (the color of the chakra you are balancing) turning in a clockwise direction. Watch the wheel of color and visualize and feel energy in the color you're visualizing begin to enter, and continuing to flow, into your chakra. Continue visualizing the wheel of color and feeling the energy enter your chakra until you feel balanced.
Thank you for reading my column! To see daily posts by me and weekly posts from my Guides, please like my Facebook page; and don't forget to check out my interview on Soul Adventure TV! Here are links to a few other columns about color and chakra balancing: