Barnes and Noble offers an e-textbook service through their Nook Study service.
To rent or purchase an e-textbook through Nook Study, there are a few steps to take.
1. Download the Nook Study app (free) to your computer. The application will not work on a Nook as textbooks do not display correctly on small screens.
2. Search for your textbook. The best way to do so is by using the ISBN. This ensures that you locate the correct edition.
3. Decide whether you wish to rent or purchase the textbook.
4. If renting, you can try out the textbook for free for seven days. This will allow you to determine if this is the best way for you.
5. Compare prices before you rent! You may be able to purchase a used copy for less than the rental.
E-textbooks are just another tool to assist a student in their college careers.