Radon Solutions, owned by Stan Plowden, is the Greenville, South Carolina company that is expert in radon testing and remediation. Briefly, radon is an "invisible, naturally-occurring, 'radioactive' gas produced by the breakdown of uranium in the ground," found mostly in bedrock granite and shale, that gets trapped inside houses built over it and is the second leading cause of lung cancer per the EPA.
You need "Radon Solutions":
- before purchasing any building to be sure it is safe
- if you are currently living or working in a building that has never been tested
- when you know you need a radon mitigation system installed and you want the certified "most experienced radon mitigator in South Carolina"
- if you need a fan installed on an existing radon pipe
- if you have a basement or building built into the ground
- if your home is in the mountains near rocky terrain
- if you have installed granite in your home
- when someone in your home has been diagnosed with cancer
- if you need service on your existing radon mitigation system
- when you have any questions about radon and your home.
One of the 37 requirements on the EPA checklist to earn the Indoor airPlus designation for indoor air quality is radon protection. "Radon detection devices or mitigation system" is also on the list of the University of Iowa's Universal Design & Green Home Survey Checklist under Indoor Air Quality. The list was generated to promote safe independent living. Read the article below on Greenville having the highest radon cancer potential in the state of South Carolina.
When Stan Plowden's mother was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell carcinoma lung cancer, he went to the homeowners of the house where his mother had lived and asked them to let him test the house free of charge for radon. It came back at 8 picocuries, or twice the EPA limit. He feels a personal obligation to educate as many people as he can about the dangers of high radon levels and is certified for both Radon Residential Test Measurement (Standard and Analytical Services) (NEHA) 101840RT and to Design and Install Radon Mitigation Systems (NEHA) 103135RMT, and has been doing this since 1993. He also speaks on radon to businesses and organizations.
To contact Radon Solutions, call 864.907.7616, email them on the website or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The mailing address is Radon Solutions, 5000 Old Buncombe Rd - Suite 27-111, Greenville, South Carolina 29617. Check out the website for more information on radon and Radon Solutions methods, pricing, testimonials, samples of work, and lifetime warranty. View the attached slideshow for pictures of different ways Radon Solutions has installed mitigation systems, making them effective but as unobtrusive to the buildings as possible. Watch the video of granite countertops being tested in a home where the radon level is too high.