So before posting the year in review here is an opportunity to put your own list together to share with those others who are interested in remembering the year 2013.
Feel free to post your memories in the comment section of this article.
To start us off here's my list from 2013:
- The Boston Marathon Bombing....and the response to it that brought unlikely members of the community together in unity.
- The Tsunami....and all the different agencies and volunteers that came after to help the survivors relocate, rebuild and rehabilitate.
- The birth of my grandson, on the day the last Boston bomber was chased and found in the Boston area. A day I'll never forget.
- The new friends I've grown to admire and trust this year.
- Watching my children continue to work through their battles and move forward out of the fray and into a better understanding of what gives them joy.
- The recession and government shut down.
- The loss of Patriots overseas and the tragedies we all must heal from slowly, if at all.
- The immense spirit of those I see around me that causes them to not give up in the face of adversity.
- The gift of a college education
- The galvanized support for those families who have lost their children to shootings and stabbings, bullying and suicides within the community of Boston and the nation.
That's barely the beginning of my list, but you get the idea....
Now it's your turn!!