Music

Remember 94.9 Zeta Rocks Radio Station? It's still Rocking

11.jpg

Zeta Rocks still Alive...

There was a  transition of radio stations back in 2005, where 94.9 Zeta Rocks, the only Rock station in Miami, was replaced by La Nueva Mega 94.9.  A radio station about  Latin music, featuring song versions like  Sweet Home Hialeah and Chongalicious. Controversy took place while the rock followers shout, What about us?? Then  93.1 Pure Dance Channel was evicted and 93.1 South Florida Rock station was born.

With all the changes, the morning rides were confusing as trying to find the correct radio station, avoiding the “ Echale Gasolina” lyrics. The 49.9 Zeta followers where disappointed as they hosted many rock concerts in Miami, featuring artists such as Korn, 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, Less than Jake, Underoath, and Godsmack; Something that has decreased with the new station today. The explanation of such change is a new technology called HD, which allows stations to broadcast additional programming digitally on a single frequency. Unless this receiver is part of the radio at home or  the car, 94.9 Zeta Rocks is not available.

But wait! its still lives online at zeta rocks.com

Listen Live! Option is available as well as videos. Featuring artist such as, Muse, She Wants Revenge, The Pioneers, Alice in Chains, Breakin Benjamin and more. Besides the overdose of music, it entertains with the tramp stamp of the day and the bad tattoo of the day . They even have their own naughty Red Light District, a very important component for the Rock followers.

Comments

• Yamilka 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I do miss Zeta, as I still miss 103.5 WSHE. Man! Those were the good ol' days!!!

• Captain Jack (Jack Mesa) 4 years ago

Hi Diana! I am putting together a Classic Rock Concert in Miami hosted by some of Zeta-4's former radio personalities. This classic rock concert will feature Foreigner, Doobie Brothers and Denis DeYoung and the Music of STYX (Unplugged!). It will be a classic rock concert event that will rock miami! The information on the concert can be seen at www.zeta4reunion.com . Please spread the word! This is going to be awesome! Thanks!

• Rick Edwards 3 years ago

I just saw Jack's information. It would be exciting to see the Zeta4 people again.

• Caitlin 3 years ago

I don't know what you are talkin about cause 93.1 isn't like 94.9 zeta

93.1 is dead now too it's not rock anymore

Does any one know if there was a man there named Bill Murphy (Dj) around 1989?

93.1 used to be a great radio station in the days of 103.5 WSHE and 94.9 ZETA. It was a great classical music station that helped me through some tough periods in my life. I miss Miami, I miss ZETA and WSHE, and most of all, I miss WTMI.

• Captain Jack (Jack Mesa) 2 years ago

UPDATE: The Zeta concert was postponed to acommodate appearances by some former jocks that could not make it. Our dear friend "Tom Robinson" is recuperating from a surgery in Tampa. I also found my former Captain Jack-Van side-kick "Manic Mike" Jano. The wait will be well worth it! I hope to have as many former ZETA fans as possible to attend our reunion. The reunion web site will be back online as soon as I gather and confirm more former staff members. You can stay in touch by joining the LinkedIn Zeta-4 Page at http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3302322&trk=anet_ug_hm ... Rock is LIVES ON!!! Let's make sure we keep fully supporting our only Miami Classi Rock Station Big 105.9 FM!

Keep Rockin' Miami!
    Capn' Jack

• dania 1 year ago

yeah I grew up in Miami with those radio stations they were the best

• dania 1 year ago

all very true

• captainkerk 1 year ago

Hey, is Jeff Fisher on your list of former DJs. I know in the 80s he went to the old bus WBUS (remember them) that had change to smooth jazz I forget what their call letters or name was? He was a casual friend of mine back at Zeta. And what about Rick Peters and 'The Wild Man' Billy Steadman. I used to go to the studio in downtown Miami.

• STEVE 1 year ago

103.5 SHE is back, been hearing them on the internet for few years now
    www.radioshe.com
    that ZETA post is nothing but garbage and false

• Anonymous 1 year ago

back in the 1970s if you had ZETA 4 STATION TAG ON YOUR CAR IT MEANT YOU WERE A HARD CORE ROCKER AS SOON AS I GOT MY FIRST CAR I PUT A ZETA 4 TAG ON IT
    But of course when we got the Latin invasion in the 80 we had to change Miami to there liking .I'm American of Cuban decent my family my came to the U.S.A.in the 1940

• Anonymous 1 year ago