Getaroom.com, an online discount hotel stay company, released a top 10 list of for travelers that want to get out and explore over the Labor Day holiday without spending too much money. For 2013, Labor Day is on Monday, September 2nd.
- Celebrate the long weekend in the Big Apple. The Wellington is available Sunday and Monday night for as little as $157 a night. Walk to Central Park or Broadway from the hotel.
- Booking early is always a smart move. Thousands of hotels offer lower rates for bookings purchased 21 days in advance.
- Atlantic City is a relaxing and exciting Labor Day destination, with rooms filling up fast. Enjoy fun casinos and a walk on the boardwalk.
- Some of the top destinations for Labor Day include Las Vegas, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Orlando, London, San Diego, Washington DC, Myrtle Beach San Francisco and Miami.
- Use low fares to get to your destination. Many flights are available for as low as $59 to some of the most popular spots throughout the country.
- South Beach sizzles over Labor Day. Try value boutique hotels such as the Harrison Hotel to enjoy nearby beaches, great Cuban food and world-class shopping.
- New Orleans offers great food, music, and a glimpse into the nation's past. Enjoy first-class accommodations from $99 a night at the St. James hotel.
- There are limited time flash sales for hotels that have excess inventory. Act fast to get the best deals before they are booked up!
- Many hotels in Las Vegas offer very low rates during Labor Day weekend. Every major hotel has a pool and ice-cold air conditioning to help you beat the September heat.
- Ask a travel agent about "unpublished rates" to get deals you can't find anywhere else.
Labor Day is a time to reflect on all of the hard work that made the country great and also marks the end of the summer travel season. Labor Day travel can be enjoyable and within any budget.