Sugar cookies are a favorite holiday cookie. They are easy to make and enjoyed by young and old alike. Sometimes an event comes up when there isn’t much time to bake cookies from scratch. But, parents still need to bring a plate or platter full of cookies to this event. These cookies are also great to bring to a family get-together or the office the day before everyone goes home to enjoy their holiday vacation time off. These are so simple many parents could shake their heads for not thinking of it sooner.
- 1 roll of refrigerator sugar cookie dough
- 1 tube of red, black and white decorating frosting
- Remove the wrapper off the sugar cookie dough roll.
- Slice the dough evenly into circles the same thickness and place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake the cookies according to the package instructions until the edges turn slightly brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them with a spatula onto a wire cooling rack.
- Once the cookies are completely cool they are ready to decorate.
- Draw a few lines with the black decorators icing to create antlers.
- Then squirt some white icing topped with red decorators icing for the nose.
- Let the icing harden and place on a platter in a single layer wrapped with plastic wrap for easy transport.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: