ONTARIO, Calif. – The Ontario Reign, four-time Pacific Division Champions and proud affiliate of the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings and Winnipeg Jets, secured the second seed in the West and will face the Stockton Thunder in the first round of the 2014 Kelly Cup Playoffs.
The Reign will play the first Western Conference Quarterfinal game at Stockton Arena on Friday, Apr. 18 followed by Game 2 on Saturday, Apr. 19. This best-of-seven series will then move to Ontario for Games 3 and 4 on Tuesday, Apr. 22 and Wednesday, Apr. 23, respectively.
The schedule for the first round is below.
Western Conference Quarterfinal (Ontario vs. Stockton):
• Game 1: Friday, Apr. 18 at 7:30 p.m. (at Stockton)
• Game 2: Saturday, Apr.19 at 7:30 p.m. (at Stockton)
• Game 3: Tuesday, Apr. 22 at 7 p.m. (at Ontario)
• Game 4: Wednesday, Apr. 23 at 7 p.m. (at Ontario)
• Game 5: Saturday, Apr. 26 at 7:30 p.m. (at Stockton – if necessary)
• Game 6: Sunday, Apr. 27 at 5 p.m. (at Ontario – if necessary)
• Game 7: Tuesday, Apr. 29 at 7 p.m. (at Ontario – if necessary)
This will be the second post-season meeting between these two teams as they met in the first round back in 2009, the Reign’s first-ever playoff appearance. Stockton took the series in Game 7 with a 5-4 win.
Through the 2013-14 season against Stockton, Ontario led the series 10-6-0-0 with six wins at Stockton Arena, four at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
Last season was the Reign’s deepest playoff run when they swept Utah to advance to the second round but fell to Idaho 5-3 in Game 6. Stockton went all the way to the Kelly Cup Finals last year but lost 6-0 to Reading in Game 5. This is Ontario’s fourth all-time postseason appearance.