Celebrate summer with homemade fudgesicles. Homemade fudgesicles take a little bit of time to make, but they taste much better than generic store bought fudgesicles. Make your own chocolate pudding mix for homemade fudgesicles, and you can make them sugar-free with Truvia.
You can make the fudgesicles vegetarian by making them with unsweetened coconut milk, soy creamer and turbinado sugar. We like the So Delicious brand of coconut milk, which can be found in the dairy section at most Price Rite stores.
To make the fudgesicles vegan, use soy milk powder in place of nonfat dry milk powder when making the chocolate pudding mix.
Make your own fudgesicles recipe
Ingredients for homemade fudgesicles:
- 1 package (4-ounce size) instant chocolate pudding or use make your own chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk or unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar or turbinado sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk or soy creamer
How to make homemade fudgesicles:
- Combine pudding and the 2 cups milk in large mixer bowl. Beat 2 minutes. Stir in sugar and evaporated milk.
- Pour into popsicle molds and place in freezer at least 4 to 5 hours, until frozen solid.
Recipe notes and recommendations:
- If you do not have popsicle molds, use disposable small bathroom Dixie-type cups and wooden popsicle sticks. You can find wooden sticks at any craft store. If you find these too pricey, try using the non-flexible type straws, cut in half. Use ½ of a straw for each fudgesicle. Insert stick or straw into center of mixture in Dixie-type cup.
- Yield: approximately 18 homemade fudgesicles.