April 24, 2012
People who spend much of their time on computers frequently have problems with eye strain. Take some time to care for your eyes, you want them to last a lifetime.
Some causes of eye strain:
- Computer use
- Watching television
Some ways to reduce eye strain:
- Regular eye exams: get your eye exam annually. Catching a problem early aids in preventing further deterioration.
- Proper lighting: work in a well lit room.
- Minimize glare: If your computer screen is getting glare from outside consider closing the windows. Glare coming from an inside light source can be reduced by re-positioning the light, or by using a hood on your computer screen.
- Adjust display settings: adjust the settings of your computer's display. Set them to a level comfortable for your eyes.
- Blink: frequent blinking aids in moisturizing your eyes.
- Look away: frequently look away from your screen for several seconds at a time.
- Breaks: take frequent breaks where you get up and move.