People who spend much of their time on computers frequently have problems with eye strain. Take some time to care for your eyes, you want them to last a lifetime.
Some causes of eye strain:
- Computer use
- Watching television
Some ways to reduce eye strain:
- Regular eye exams: get your eye exam annually. Catching a problem early aids in preventing further deterioration.
- Proper lighting: work in a well lit room.
- Minimize glare: If your computer screen is getting glare from outside consider closing the windows. Glare coming from an inside light source can be reduced by re-positioning the light, or by using a hood on your computer screen.
- Adjust display settings: adjust the settings of your computer's display. Set them to a level comfortable for your eyes.
- Blink: frequent blinking aids in moisturizing your eyes.
- Look away: frequently look away from your screen for several seconds at a time.
- Breaks: take frequent breaks where you get up and move.