Don’t you just envy those women who hit the pool or beach, throw their stuff down on the sand or chaise and flip their hair up in a flawless bun or top knot with no effort? The look is one of the hottest this summer indoors and out and perfect for bad hair days when you don’t want to spend a lot of time working on your tresses.
- For best results, start with day two hair onwards as your hair will be easier to manage with an already 'lived -in' texture.
- Mist hair with dry shampoo, focusing primarily on the roots mainly – this will give your hair more texture, grip and volume.
- Then mist a light hairspray throughout for some hold and grip.
- Sweep your hair into high ponytail. Keep checking what it looks like from your profile so you position ponytail in the most flattering point of your head for your face shape.
- Take the ponytail and back-brush from the underneath lightly – this creates a slight disheveled texture.
- Sweep around the base of the ponytail and pin using U shaped hairpins. These really anchor the hair best which means you will only need 2 or 3 to secure.
- This creates perfectly disheveled topknot that looks ultra stylish and works for any event.
See video for more topknot tricks.
Here’s any extra bonus, sometimes after hair has been bunched up on top of your head and is released to fly free, it falls in lovely waves or curls. Best trick is to just let it go and don’t even brush it. Another tip is to tie a pretty ribbon or hair ornament around the bun.