Fashion week always gives creative styles and those for your hair are no exception. Redken’s creative consultant Guido has his hands full, creating chic and memorable styles for various designers. Here are two styles that will work on the runway or your wedding aisle.
Redken Creative Consultant Guido amped up the wet-shine look to give the hair a nighttime feel at Lanvin. Wet and greasy textures, which are now celebrated on the runway, give the hair a naturally cool finish that works seamlessly with Alber's collection. The Lanvin updo might be a bit messy and wet, but the overall style glistens on the runway.
"I wanted the hair to have a messy, wet-shine finish for Lanvin, because the show always feels like it takes place in a nighttime environment. The set design, lighting and smoke really create this illusion, so the hair needed to fit the evening atmosphere. If the hair had a dry finish, the look would feel too romantic. With a wet-shine finish, the hair takes on a very sexy, easy Lanvin feel."
Create the Look:
- Saturate damp hair with guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam
- Apply argan-6 oil multi-care oil for added shine
- Using fingers, rake hair into a ponytail and secure with elastic
- Twist ponytail into a messy chignon and secure with open fasteners
- Finish by applying generous amounts of shine flash 02 glistening mist and forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
Redken Creative Consultant Guido used extensions to add a twist on a classic ponytail. Once the extensions were in place, Guido used iron shape 11 finishing thermal spray and a flat iron to achieve the blunt straight finish at Bottega Veneta.
The hair for Bottega Veneta is clean and sharp, which is a bit of a departure from previous seasons. In the past, the hairstyles were easier, softer and more natural. A sort of 90's minimalism inspired me, so the hair is simple with blunt lines. Hair extensions were used to create a very long fake ponytail that resembles the same thickness and consistency of a horse's tail. There is certainly an intended element of artificiality to the hair."
Create the Look:
- Apply align 12 protective straightening lotion on damp hair
- Blow dry hair with natural bristle brush
- Comb hair back into a tight ponytail and fasten with an elastic
- Wrap hair extensions around the ponytail
- Spray iron shape 11 finishing thermal spray on ponytail
- Use a flat iron to make the hair stick straight
- Take a small piece of hair and wrap it around the ponytail to conceal extensions
- Use pins to secure wrap
- Spray forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to clean up any flyaways
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon.