Betty Crocker came out with a cook book a few years ago on the different things you can bake using a cake mix that are not cakes. Many of the recipes are for cake mix cookies. This recipe was inspired by Betty Crocker's Cake Mix Cookie and their Red Velvet Cake Cookie recipes.
You can use any flavor cake mix and any other filling like Andes Mint chips, dark chocolate chips, Reese's Peanut Butter chips, candy chunks, marshmallows, and sprinkles just to name a few. Just substitute the different cake mix and any other filling for the white chocolate chips, or you can even make filling combinations. This is a great recipe to make with your family and friends because you can have a ginormous cookie party in no time.
TIP: Be sure to check out Betty Crocker's App for your phone and iPads. They have recipes, tips, and news at the touch of your fingertip.
1 red velvet cake mix
1/2 cup butter
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz white chocolate chips
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the butter in a medium to large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and eggs.
4. Stir in the cake mix.
5. Stir in the white chocolate chip cookies.
6. Spoon the cookie batter onto cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-12 minutes.
7. Let cool.
Servings: about 1 - 2 dozen cookies
Time: about 20 minutes