World travelers heading to San Francisco and who love the Bay (and who doesn't?) should know that now Red and White Fleet are offering a free Ghiradeli Specialty Ice Cream Sundae for each adult or youth who books a cruise by phone.
Get this deal by calling (415) 673-2900 and mention the code "SUNDAE." (Visit the website here for full rules and offer details.)
So just what can you expect?
Glad you asked.
For this “San Francisco Treat” excursion, you will get on the Red and White Fleet’s two-hour California Sunset Cruise on the San Francisco Bay right at Pier 43½ in Fisherman’s Wharf. You can use public transport and take the "F" line that goes all the way around the waterfront to reach the pier.
The website says:
"The cruise features scenic views of the City by the Bay, cruising past the infamous island of Alcatraz, around Angel Island National Park, under the majestic span of the Golden Gate and along the beautiful shorelines of Tiburon and Sausalito as the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean. Along the way, passengers will enjoy live guitar music, a complimentary beer, wine or soda and hearty appetizers that include a variety of sandwiches, salads, antipasti, veggies with dip, fruit and miniature desserts.
As the cruise returns to Fisherman's Wharf, passengers pass Ghirardelli Square along the way, where the complimentary ice cream treat awaits at the end of the cruise. (Note: The World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae features two scoops of vanilla ice cream overflowing with freshly homemade hot fudge, whipped cream, chopped almonds and a cherry on top. This is an added value of up to $9.50 per guest)."
Just be sure to ask for the "Ghiradelli Sundae" by name when you call in and speak to the Red and White Fleet rep. Then you can get the ice cream voucher, one per person, from the Ghiradelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop in Ghiradelli Square. Note that Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco is where chocolate-making began for the chocolate company, back in 1852. These days you can take a tour and see the original chocolate manufacturing equipment
Be sure to check out their Hot Fudge Sundaes and sample, for free, one of their famous Squares Chocolates.
Here is the fine print, as per their website:
- Valid for bookings of California Sunset Cruises with sailing dates between June 6, 2012 and Nov 3, 2012.
- Offer valid only with full price adult & youth California Sunset Cruise tickets, purchased by calling Red and White Fleet directly at (415) 673-2900.
- Offer cannot be combined with other promotions, discounts, or coupons. No cash value. Not valid for orders placed with other vendors.
- Voucher for Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae needs to be picked up from Red and White Fleet Pier 43 1/2 ticket booth at time of picking up the California Sunset Cruise tickets.
- Ice cream sundae vouchers can be redeemed at the Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop, located at Ghirardelli Square (corner of Larkin Street & North Point
- Opening Hours: Sun-Thurs, 9am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 9am-Midnight;
- One (1) complimentary Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae per person. Not valid for the "Earthquake Sundae" or other merchandise.
- Red and White Fleet Vouchers for Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae expire 12/31/2012, independent of issue date. No refunds or exchanges for unused vouchers or cruises.
Advance ticket purchases are recommended and can be accessed at the website or by phone (415) 673-2900.
So go ahead - indulge! Both in the cruise and in the ice cream.
After all, with all the sightseeing you'll be doing in San Francisco, you deserve it! And if you are here for the U.S. Open, all the more reason to take time off to see the city and check out one of the Red and White Cruises. (See the article here on Opening day at the 112th U.S. Open in San Francisco)
Follow Sheila on Twitter (@Sheilamba)
World travelers who come to San Francisco can fly in to SFO International Airport. Deals can be found to reach the City by the Bay on Kayak.com
See the beautiful photos of San Francisco in the slideshow at the top of the page.
Subscribe to Sheila's articles for updates as they are written. It's free. Your email will never be shared. The Subscribe button is near the author's photo.
And after a relaxing cruise, why not relax even more - at the Burke Williams Spa on Market Street in the Westfield Mall. See that article here: Burke Williams spa in Westfield Mall, San Francisco