Fort Wayne, IN: If you want to know what it takes to become a major league baseball player or a division I college baseball player ask Rob Bowen. How can you ask Rob Bowen? Contact him at Red Alert Baseball; http://www.redalertbaseball.com/ 404-661-3487 Rob is also the National Catching Coordinator for Chandler Baseball, a nation-wide amateur program designed and modeled after a professional baseball organization.
Let’s get started
Rob began to play the great game of baseball at 4 years old, with his dad Tom Bowen. He progressed through Little League at Time Corners in Fort Wayne. After Little League and travel baseball, with the Aboite Braves, Rob made the varsity, all 4 years, during his high school career at Homestead High School, southwest of Fort Wayne. He was scouted by college and professional scouts, as early as, in Middle School. He worked very hard work to develop his catching, throwing, and hitting skills, and also his general approach to the game. During his teenage years Rob remained extremely dedicated to his goal of playing major League baseball.
Because of his dedication, to the great game of baseball, Rob won numerous baseball awards including: All Northeast Hoosier Conference, All-State, All-American, Gatorade and USA Today Indiana Baseball Player of the Year, Team USA 18U Member, Area Code Games Participant and more. To cap off proof of his hard work during his career, Rob was inducted into the Northeast Indiana Baseball Hall of Fame in 2011.
After having hundreds of colleges recruiting Rob, he signed a letter of intent to play at Louisiana State University (LSU). LSU offered Rob the highest scholarship ever of offered to a freshman at the school, at that time.
A Professional Career
Rob's goal of playing professional baseball came true when he was drafted in the 2nd round (56th Overall) by the Minnesota Twins in the 1999 Amateur Draft. He broke into the big leagues at the young age of 22. During his major league career Rob played against some of the games best players, and an array of All-Stars, including some future Hall of Famers. Among the all-stars, Trevor Hoffman, the great closer for the San Diego Padres.
Rob spent 10 years in professional baseball including 5 seasons in the Major Leagues as a switch-hitting major league catcher. His defensive skills were second to none; timed throwing the baseball from home plate to second base in 1.7 seconds. The average for a major catcher is 2.0 seconds. This skill caught the attention of major league general managers.
Rob played for the Minnesota Twins, San Diego Padres, Chicago Cubs, and the Oakland Athletics during his 5 year major league career. As a member of the Minnesota Twins and the San Diego Padres Rob had the opportunity to participates in the post season playoffs. Possessing this high level of experience Rob decided he wanted to share his baseball experience, his love of the game, and his insight into helping young athletes develop into top performing baseball players.
Red Alert Baseball Services
Red Alert Baseball Services is carefully developed to identify and address the important aspects of taking a baseball player's career to its next level. For them to learn the mental side of baseball and to start thinking like a Major League player. All of the services offered are based upon learning more about the game; not just the physical fundamentals. Rob has amassed an enormous amount of knowledge and experience during his 10 year career in professional baseball. Rob has gathered all of this knowledge and experience and developed a philosophy and a program that is based upon what he has seen as a player on what works.
Red Alert Baseball Programs
- Team Manuals are designed and developed to help a get a team organized to share a common goal. All of the content in the Red Alert Manuals is the same content that is used at the major league level; so you are getting the same information big league players are using. Tools that are included in the manual include: Academic importance, on/off field conduct, bunt defenses, 1st & 3rd defense, infield/outfield routine, batting practice routine, around the horn, pop up priorities, pick offs/daylight play, rundowns, cut offs/double cuts, evolution of an at bat, becoming a complete hitter, and more.
- Customized: All of the manuals are made to order because I include your team name, team colors, and team logo on the manual. This helps give your team a more structured look to the program and helps with recruiting efforts to show, potential team members, you have a program designed specifically for you. The book also doubles as a notebook (a section of 3 pages for notes) so kids can jot down notes, making it possible to hold them accountable and preventing them from saying they forgot the signs or bunt plays; these instructions should be in their notes
- One year support: Once you purchase the manual I offer 1 year total support. What that means is, if you have any questions about the manual or anything else all you do is pick up the phone and call me . I will help you out if you need help in any area. Of course, if I don't have your answer I will use my resources to get one. Basically you will be getting a consultant along with the purchase of the manuals. I stand behind my products and want to help reach as many people as I can to learn to play the game right and get better. firstname.lastname@example.org
Other programs offered by Red Alert Baseball Service
- Video Analysis which also includes 1 Skype lesson.
- Internet Lessons/Seminars (Skype, Google+) Great if you don't live in Atlanta!
- Rob also travels to host camps, clinics, and seminars private, group and team instruction
As you see Rob Bowen is giving back and in a big way. He offers his life experience in baseball from his earliest years of catch in the yard with his father to the ultimate dream realized; playing major league baseball; might he add, hitting a home run for the Padres at Wrigley Field, Chicago, as well. All you coaches, visit the website for Red Alert Baseball and sign up to get the best material for teaching the great game of baseball.