Getting ready for the holiday and want to prepare something new and exciting for your guests? Recreating a thick and delicious shake that is available at McDonald’s once a year during March for St. Patrick’s Day is just the treat you are looking for. The light green shimmering color is a perfect touch to add a bit of Irish to the table’s theme. The color will spark an interest in children as well as the fact that it is made from ice cream. Not just any ice cream; vanilla bean ice cream which gives this shamrock shake the best foundation for a thick and ice cold shake to treat everyone at dessert time. Very easy to prepare right before serving which frees the refrigerator for any other pies, cakes or tarts that will also be served to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
- 3 cups of vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 3/4 cups of 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until completely thick and smooth.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring till you get the desired shamrock shade you desire.
- Pour into glasses and serve!
- Top shake with a dollop of whipped cream and some green sugar shamrocks sprinkle candies to charm your guests.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: