You could literally eat strawberries every day during strawberry-picking season and never have them the same way twice. You can eat them at any meal or for a snack. You can eat them as soon as you pick them or wait until you have prepared them with other ingredients. You can even make delicious drinks out of them.
Besides strawberry shortcake, one of my favorite strawberry desserts is strawberry angel food. It is easy to make and great to eat. You will find the recipe below.
- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (18 ounce) jar strawberry glaze
- Crumble the cake into a 9x13 inch dish.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Mash the cake down with your hands and spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake.
- In a bowl, combine strawberries and glaze until strawberries are evenly coated.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Chill until serving.