Picking strawberries with the preschoolers from Elephant’s Fork Elementary School last week left me wondering about even more ways in which strawberries can be used than those previously explored here.
My daughter and son-in-law are fond of dips, both for use at home and to take to social gatherings. Finding this recipe for strawberries with citrus dip in Family Circles’s snack smart: 50 Healthy snacks your family will love seems to be a perfect match for this time of year. It yields 8 servings and can be made in 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 (6 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- ⅓ cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lime, orange and/or lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 cups small strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, whipped dessert topping, powdered sugar, citrus peel and orange juice.
- Wash strawberries, leaving stems on. Drain on several layers of paper towels. Serve dip with berries.