Casseroles are making a comeback. Even though our lives are fast-paced, many of us long for the flavor of simpler days when meals were home-cooked and hearty.
Enjoying a warm, gooey casserole seems to bring that comfort and the world suddenly becomes a gentler, cozier place. Not only can a humble casserole save you time in the kitchen but it can also bring families together.
There is no end to the different varieties of casseroles you could serve. In fact, you could serve a new casserole every day for months on end and never repeat a recipe.
Casseroles are versatile and can be used as an all-in-one meal or as a side dish. Casseroles can also be a great way of using leftover ingredients instead of tossing them out.
A casserole that is sure to be a hit with everyone in your family is the sloppy joe tater tot casserole.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ sweet onion; diced
- 1 can corn; drained
- 1 can Manwich Bold Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese; grated
- 16 ounces tater tots (frozen – do not cook first)
- Chives; for sprinkling on top, if desired
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the peppers and onions until the meat is cooked through
- Drain the fat and return to the heat
- Stir in corn, Manwich and cream cheese
- Cook over low heat until the cream cheese is melted
- Pour sloppy joe mixture into a 9 x 13 cooking dish. Top with half of the grated cheese
- Arrange the tater tots in a single layer over the top of the cheese
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped chives; if desired
- Serve immediately
Recipe by baby43204
Recipe from BigOven