One of the favorite side dishes at these events seems to be potato salad. There are many varieties of potato salad; however, besides the potatoes, they all have one thing in common: it is essential to keep any variety properly cooled at all times. No one wants to be remembered for poisoning everyone at an outing.
This particular recipe is for old-fashioned potato salad. Additional recipes will be shared soon, so stay tuned.
- 5 potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and chop.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise.
- Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled.