According to four generations of my family, three of the major food groups are cheese cake, peanut butter and Snickers bars. Until reading the September 15, 2014 issue of First for women, however, I would never have thought of putting them together in the same recipe.
Children and adults are bound to love this creamy twist on a candy bar, made with a caramel-peanut layer hidden inside this no-bake peanut butter-Snickers cheesecake.
- 30 chocolate-sandwich cookies (12 ounces), like Oreos
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1 ¼ cups caramel sauce, divided
- ½ cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 (1 ¼ ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 3 (8 ounce) package Neufchâtel cheese
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce
- 2 fun-sized Snickers bars, sliced
- In processor, pulse cookies until fine crumbs form.
- Add chocolate; process 30 seconds.
- Press into bottom and 2” up sides of greased 8” springform pan.
- Drizzle ½ cup caramel sauce over bottom; sprinkle with peanuts. Chill.
- In microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 2 Tablespoons cold water. Let sit 3 minutes.
- In processor, process next 3 ingredients, ½ cup caramel and gelatin until smooth; pour into crust.
- Chill 6 hours or overnight until set.
- Top with last 3 ingredients and remaining caramel as desired.