In the midst of all the holiday baking and the making of all types of candies during the Christmas season, you may tempted to feast on those goodies and not any of the other food groups that are important to our good health.
The best thing about this ham ‘n cheese omelet bake is it can be enjoyed any time, day or night. Prepare it in advance of any of the busiest days on your calendar – then, when you realize you haven’t eaten all day, put a serving or two on a plate and pop it into the microwave. It will allow you to eat in just a few minutes, replenish your energy and ensure you’ve eaten something besides dessert, at least for that day.
1 (10 ounce) box Green Giant® Frozen Broccoli & Cheese Flavored Sauce
1 (10.2 ounce - biscuits) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers Refrigerated Original Biscuits
1 ½ cups milk
1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
salt and pepper, if desired
2 cups diced cooked ham
1/3 cup chopped onion
4 ounces (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
4 ounces (1 cup) shredded Swiss cheese
1 (4.5 ounce) jar Green Giant® Sliced Mushrooms, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut small slit in center of broccoli and cheese sauce pouch. Microwave on High for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating pouch ¼ turn once halfway through microwaving. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, spray bottom only of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces; arrange evenly in sprayed dish.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in ham, onion, both cheeses, mushrooms and cooked broccoli and cheese sauce.
- Pour mixture over biscuit pieces in dish. Press down with back of spoon, making sure all biscuit pieces are covered with egg mixture.
- Bake at 350°F. 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.