More and more, people do not take time to eat breakfast, which is considered by many nutritionists as the most important meal of the day. Wives and mothers are looking for ways to get protein into their family without sacrificing all the things they might normally cook if they had more time.
One way around that is to make these delicious ham and cheese muffins. They can be made in advance, refrigerated, then popped in the microwave the next morning and taken with as the family heads out the door or eaten fresh when you make them. Either way, they are sure to become a family favorite.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- ¾ cup chopped fully cooked ham (¼ pound)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottoms and sides of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. (Spray will work better than greasing or using paper muffin liners.)
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl with fork.
- Stir in Bisquick mix, milk and oil just until moistened.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the cheese and the ham.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese evenly over tops of muffins.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- Serve warm.
- Wrap and refrigerate any remaining muffins.