The weather in southeastern Virginia implies a short spring and a long summer. That is great news for all the “grill” masters in the area.
- 1 (6 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons, snipped fresh mint or ½ teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, green onion, mint, cumin, salt and ⅛ teaspoon of pepper.
- Transfer half to a bowl; set aside.
- For sauce, stir cucumber into remaining yogurt mixture; set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill for 12 – 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170°F), turning once halfway through grilling and brushing with reserved yogurt mixture the last half of grilling.
- Discard remaining mixture.
- Serve chicken with yogurt sauce and, if desired, cucumber slices.