Intro: Recipes for salad may not be the first thing you think of given how cold things have been lately. However, this chicken and rice salad recipe with wild rice and olives counts as a heartier rice salad that's just right anytime of year.
Click on the Links Below to Get Other Recipes for Salad
- Farfalle pasta salad with vinaigrette: An easy salad for a BBQ
- Potato salad pesto with green beans and chicken
- Cold rice salad recipe with raisins and oranges
About the Chicken & Rice Salad Recipe for Two
Great food recipes rely very often on a blend of different tastes and this recipe with wild rice and olives gives you plenty to chew on, so to speak.
It's not exactly an olive salad or tomato salad recipe, but these two ingredients add to the overall texture and nutritional value and flavor of the dish. And for those who want to get some good fats into their diets, adding some avocado slices to the top of the salad makes it extra yummy.
You can make this a chicken salad or a tuna salad recipe, depending upon the type of meat you have on hand. The original recipe calls for tuna, but it's a great way to use some of your leftover chicken. Be sure to use the white meat.
Because it's made with Minute Rice, you can also put it into your "easy recipes to cook" file under "recipes for salad" or "great food recipes." Either will do. You'll come back to it often, I predict.
Chicken & Rice Salad Recipe for Two With Wild Rice and Olives
- 1 Minute® Ready to Serve of Brown and Wild Rice
- 1 can (6-oz) canned chicken or tuna, drained (or use your chicken leftovers)
- 4 halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 sliced black olives
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinaigrette
- 1 c. salad or spinach greens
- Follow the instructions on the rice package.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Tips for Dressing Up Your Recipes for Salad:
- Don't forget to garnish. Serve this dish on a bed of greens.
- Cut some avocados up and drop on top.
- Serves two people.
- For a second chicken salad recipe, watch the video at the top of the screen.