Whether or not your team is a member of the Final Four, how could you not watch the remaining games of the NCAA basketball tournament? More games than not have been decided in the waning minutes, if not seconds, of the game, making for some of the most exciting college hoops, ever.
Carrian Cheney, a cook who often shares her recipes with Pillsbury, recently provided a feel-good version of the classic sloppy joe but made with ground turkey instead. She stated she used the corn biscuits to add a new flavor to everything. Her muffin tin sloppy joes will be great as you watch as the NCAA crowns a National Champion.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 package Old El Paso® roasted tomato Mexican cooking sauce
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated golden corn biscuits
- 1 ½ - 2 cups ( 6 – 8 ounces) shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8 jumbo muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet or sauté pan, cook turkey over medium heat about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in cooking sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press each biscuit with fingers until flat; press each in bottom and up side muffin cup.
- Divide turkey mixture evenly into dough-lined cups. Top each with cheese.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until cups are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.