For some, it will be bittersweet from here on out, especially if their team was upset in one of the regional games. For others, there are hopes for their teams to move on to the Elite 8, the Final 4 and then, the championship game. It is sweet, indeed, if your team becomes the National Champion, especially if it does it as an underdog.
In honor of the Sweet 16, why not make these delicious caramel roll ice cream sandwiches? Never mind that we may be in for one more winter storm – or will that be a spring storm that feels like winter? Either way, my mom taught me that it was never too cold for ice cream – and she was not wrong!
- 1 can (17.5 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® caramel rolls
- 2 ½ cups toffee ice cream, softened slightly *
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Separate dough into 5 rolls. Bake as directed on can--except do not top with icing; reserve for later in recipe. Cool completely.
- Cut each roll in half horizontally. Place ½ cup ice cream on bottom half of each roll; cover with top half. Place in freezer about 30 minutes for ice cream to freeze.
- Just before serving, place the icing in resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off tiny corner, and drizzle over rolls. Serve cold.
*Use your favorite ice cream, if you prefer.
If you want to make the sandwiches a few hours in advance, be sure to cover tightly with plastic wrap, or store in an airtight container in the freezer.