When making a dessert for a special occasion, there are two essentials for me: 1) it must be delicious; and, 2) it absolutely must be quick and easy to make.
One would be hard-pressed to find a dessert easier to make than a dump cake. Yes, there are desserts with fancier names, but what’s in a name when all that’s required is draining and mixing the fruit – then remembering to add the remainder of the ingredients. This is a recipe even I can’t mess up. Enjoy!
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces chopped walnuts
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350ᵒ F.
- In a 9x13 inch pan mix cherries and pineapple.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pineapple, and cherry mixture stir until just combined. Then sprinkle walnuts over top.
- Drizzle top with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake in oven for 35 or 40 minutes or until golden brown.