May 14, 2014
If you have children or grandchildren in school, Scouts or other organizations, there is always a need for either bake sale items or treats to share with others.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup butter (margarine(, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Combine the flour, ⅔ cup confectioners' sugar, and butter.
- Pat dough into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until slightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, whisk together eggs, white sugar, flour, and lemon juice until frothy. Pour this lemon mixture over the hot crust.
- Return to oven for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust the top with confectioners' sugar.
- Cut into squares.