Starting the day with something cool now that the weather’s turned hot is a good thing. A creamy smoothie can be just the thing to get your day started right.
Unfortunately, many of the store-bought smoothies can contain a lot of sugar, so many of us tend to look for a terrific-tasting, homemade, LOW-SUGAR SMOOTHIE. This particular low-sugar smoothie has frozen fruit to make it icy cold and plain yogurt, all-natural stevia sweetener and low-sugar berries to make it extra healthy.
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fiber or protein powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup water
- 1 packer stevia sweetener
- Put yogurt, powder, strawberries, water and stevia into a blender and pulse on low setting.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Peach or Berry Smoothies Ingredients:
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches, nectarines and/or apricots
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 6-ounce carton peach fat-free yogurt with no-calorie sweetener
- 1 cup small ice cubes or crushed ice
- In a blender, combine fruit, milk and yogurt. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add ice through hole in lid, blending until almost smooth.
- If desired, garnish each serving with fresh fruit.
Makes 4 (1-cup) servings.
Double Blue Berry Smoothies:
Substitute blueberry yogurt for peach yogurt and 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries and ½ cup fresh or frozen blackberries for peaches.
Double Red Berry Smoothies:
Substitute strawberry yogurt for peach yogurt and 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen sliced strawberries and ½ cup fresh or frozen red raspberries for peaches.