We all love tips to make our life just a little bit more manageable. As your Dallas Household Tips Examiner I search for tips for myself and pass them along to my readers.
Here is a delicious recipe that is very inexpensive to make!
What you will need:
- 2 large eggs – 1 hard boiled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 ounces spinach, chopped
- 1 5-ounce can tuna, drained
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 17.5-ounce box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Peel and chop hard boiled egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Warm oil in skillet over medium to high heat.
- Saute onion for 4 minutes. Add garlic, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper; saute for 1 minute.
- Add spinach to skillet by the handful, stirring after each handful; increase heat to high. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl; let cool. Stir in tuna, olives, lemon juice and chopped egg.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll one sheet of pastry on a floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut out 12 3-inch round circles. Repeat with second pastry sheet.
- Spoon ½ tablespoon of tuna mixture into center of each circle. Fold pastry over; press and crimp edges.
- Transfer to baking sheets.
- Wish remaining egg with 1 teaspoon of water. Brush each empanada with egg wash.
- Bake until deep golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, if desired. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
Cindi is also the Dallas Small Farms Examiner. Categories include barn tips, sheep, goats, rabbits, cattle, pigs, chickens, news, history, showing, agriculture, misc farm, weather, dogs, college, fire, and Guardians.